Wednesday, January 6, 2016

New Year's Day

Three times in the last two weeks we've had our home filled with loved ones. There are still many I miss and some I wish could have stayed longer, but as I sit alone and reflect, I realize I am surrounded by the lingering presence of not only those who spent time in this space, but those who will. And I know that this house was a good idea. My feelings of settling for an existing structure versus building our off-grid home are eclipsed by my overwhelming gratitude for having enough. Enough time. Enough space. Enough food, water, warmth and love to spare. 

Our Winter Solstice party served not only as a celebration of the returning of sunlight, but also as catharsis and expansion. 

We were graced with family the evening of Christmas Day.

Last night we rang in 2016 in pure Priest Family Style with unbelievable music and of course an excessive amount of food and love. 

This may not be quite the homestead I had in mind, but it's serving us perfectly. Us and our 70 closest friends. 

And the goats arrive in February.

Here's to growing roots in 2016!





Full moon rising over the pond on Christmas Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment